What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
- hello text text
- hello two
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.
Since it launched in 2005, YouTube has been the premier destination for watching and uploading videos. The platform currently houses billions of hours worth of videos so no matter what kind of information you're looking for, you can most likely find a video about it on YouTube.
Sometimes, you might find a video that really resonates with you and you might be inclined to save it offline so you can watch it whenever you want. Rather than looking for special, clunky software to help you download the video from YouTube, you can simply record it on your device.
Similarly, instead of spending money on expensive gadgets —that you may not have the budget for—to create content for your YouTube channel, you can capture videos on your screen and upload them to YouTube.
This is particularly useful for businesses or content creators who want to create easy to understand tutorials, how-to guides, and demonstration videos for their clients and audience.
Regardless of which side you belong to, we're going to walk you through how to record YouTube videos on different devices easily and quickly.
How to record YouTube videos on PC
If you use a PC and want to capture your favorite YouTube videos or screen record and make your own videos without paying hefty subscription fees, Icecream Screen Recorder is a great tool for the task.
It has an intuitive interface that makes it easy to use both for the technically proficient and the non-tech savvy. Icecream Screen Recorder allows you to record your entire screen or just a section of it.
This powerful tool is also equipped to capture gameplay, webcam footage, and even records your computer audio. It supports multiple audio and video formats so you can export the recorded video in your preferred format.
To learn how to record YouTube videos using Icecream Screen Recorder, follow this step-by-step guide.
1. Get the Icecream app
Head over to the Icecream Screen Recorder page and click the Download button to download and install the program on your PC. The installation process is incredibly easy and fast and can be completed in about a minute, after which you can launch the app and start recording all the YouTube videos you want.
2. Set up the app according to your preferences
After launching the screen recorder, scroll to the bottom-right corner and click on Settings to open the panel and adjust the audio, video, and general recording configurations to suit your needs.
3. Get ready to record YouTube video
If you want to record a YouTube video that doesn't belong to you or has already been uploaded to the platform, you need to go to YouTube and open the video. And if you want to record your screen and upload the video for YouTube, make sure the screens you need are ready to go.
Once that is done, click the Capture Video button to reveal the dropdown menu and select your desired recording mode to proceed. For easy detection of the borders of the YouTube video you want to record, we recommended opting for the Area auto-detection mode.
4. Select the recording area
Hover your mouse over the YouTube video and let Icecream Screen Recorder automatically detect the recording area, then click the orange logo at the top or your F1 button to apply the frames to the highlighted area. You can also adjust the area by activating and using the Area button on the recording panel.
5. Record the YouTube video
Click the Rec icon on the recording panel to start capturing the video. If the Show countdown option is enabled, the recording will start after the countdown. Otherwise, it'll begin right away.
In case you want to forward, rewind, or skip a part of the YouTube video, you can click the Pause icon to pause the screen recording. Tap the Resume icon when you're ready to continue the recording from where you stopped.
Click the Stop button to end the capturing process once the YouTube video comes to an end.
6. Locate your recorded video
When you finish recording, a popup notification will appear on the screen assuming you didn't disable the Show notifications options in the Settings. Tap the folder icon in the popup window to open the newly created file in the destination folder.
How to record YouTube videos on Mac
One easy way to record non-downloadable YouTube videos on your Mac device without paying a dime is by using a professional and trustworthy recording tool like Filmage Screen Recorder.
It enables you to record any video on YouTube with sound and in high quality, and save them in MP4, H264, AVI, MOV, WMV, 3GP, etc. Here's how to record YouTube videos on Mac with Filmage Screen Recorder in just a few steps.
1. Download the program
The first thing to do is visit the Filmage Screen Recorder page, get the app, install it on your Mac and launch the application.
2. Configure your recording preferences
When you open the Filmage Screen Recorder app, you'll be shown two tap options: Recording Tools and Video Tools. Click on Screen under Recording Tools.
Next, tap on Audio Sources (Auto), scroll down the menu, and select System sound to ensure the program only records the sound from the YouTube video. If you want to record sounds from your environment as well, select the System Sound & Microphone option.
Select your desired recording quality from the options: 720P/1080P/4K. You can also choose your preferred FPS ranging from 15 FPS to 60 FPS.
If you want you can activate Picture in Picture Mode to open your camera and capture your expressions and reactions while recording the YouTube video.
3. Prepare to record your videos
Once you're done setting your recording parameters, go to your browser and load the YouTube video you want to record, then adjust the recording area size using the frame until it aligns with the YouTube playback window.
Hit the red record button to start capturing the video. To pause the recording at any point press the Command + 1 key on your keyboard. Press the key again to resume recording whenever you want. When the recording ends, click the red button on the timeline to stop the process or press the Command + 2 key.
4. Edit your screen recorded YouTube video
If you wish to remove unwanted segments of the recorded video or make any other adjustments, simply select the clip and click on the Scissors icon that appears at the top menu.
From the editor, you can add text, drawing, shapes, voiceover, and music. You can also trim your clip and delete unnecessary parts.
5. Export the recorded video
When you're done editing the clip, click on the Export icon in the upper right corner, select your export format, video size, and resolution, then click Export to save the recorded YouTube video on your Mac.
How to record YouTube videos on Xbox One
For those times when you’re having an incredible gaming run and you wish you could share your accomplishments with other people, you can record your gameplay while streaming and upload it to YouTube.
The good news is there are various ways to record YouTube videos on your Xbox One. Let’s take a look at some of them.
1. Use the built-in features of Xbox One
Thanks to all the wonderful features Microsoft has built into Xbox One, you can share, edit, and create YouTube videos out of your gameplay. Here's how to use this option to record and upload YouTube videos on Xbox One.
- When streaming a game, just say Xbox Record That, and your Xbox DVR will instantly start recording your gameplay and save the resulting clip.
- Alternatively, you can double-click on the sandwich button to effectively record up to 10 minutes of game clip. You can also press Y- to record a video of your game or press X- to record a screenshot.
- Use the End Game Clip option to tweak the length of the recorded video to suit your preferences.
2. Use a capture card
If you want to create game videos that have great quality, it's always a good idea to try using a complex recording technique. Most professional games love using a capture card to record their games for this reason.
To use a capture card to record YouTube videos of your gameplay on Xbox One you might need a USB cable, two HDMI cables, and a capture card like the Elgato Game Capture HD.
Here's how to use the Elgato Game Capture card to record videos on your Xbox.
- Connect the capture card to the Xbox One with the HDMI cable.
- Set up the Elgato software to capture your gameplay on Xbox One.
- Press Start to record a video and when you're done recording, share the clip on YouTube.
3. Make use of the Game DVR
To record a gameplay video that's longer or shorter, you need to get the Game DVR app and follow these simple steps.
- Double click on the Xbox button in the middle of your controller.
- Choose the Snap an App option from the sidebar, followed by Select Game DVR. If you have Kinect, you can say Xbox, snap game DVR and your device will take care of the rest.
- When your recording reaches your desired length, tap the End Clip Now option on the screen and your video will be created.
- Upload the recorded video to YouTube.
How to record YouTube videos on Android phone
Yes, you can still record your favorite YouTube videos whenever you don't have access to your laptop by using your Android phone to capture the scenes you want.
If you use a Samsung, OPPO, LG, OnePlus, or Vivo device with an Android version 10 or 11, you can easily use the built-in Screen Recorder feature under your Quick Settings panel to record any YouTube video you want. Also, you can generate your own videos and share them on the platform.
But in case that feature is not available to you or you use other Android devices, you can always rely on third-party software like XRecorder for all your video screen recording needs.
Here's how to record YouTube videos on Android using XRecorder.
1. Download XRecorder from Playstore and install it on your phone.
2. Launch the app and grant it permission to float a popup window at the top of your screen by clicking Allow, then click Next and give XRecorder permission to access your media and files.
3. Next, go to YouTube and open the video you want to play, then drag down your phone's notification panel and click on Record. Or tap the orange popup window at the right side of your screen and tap the red record icon to start recording.
4. You'll be asked to confirm your recording, so click Start Now and X Recorder will begin capturing the video you're playing on your screen after the countdown.
5. When you reach the endpoint of your recording, tap the orange popup window again and click Stop to kill the capturing process and your video will be saved.
6. Tap the share icon to share the recorded video wherever or with whomever you want.
If you want to make edits to the video, tap the pencil icon to trim, crop, rotate, add text, change the ratio, adjust volume, add music, or tweak the playback speed of the clip. Click Save when you're done.
7. You can find your recorded YouTube videos on your XRecorder app homepage.
How to record videos for YouTube on iPhone
With the latest iOS update, Apple has added a screen recording feature to the iOS 11 and more recent versions. Here's how to screen record YouTube videos with sound using the handy in-built recorder on your iPhone.
1. Head over to YouTube and find the video you wish to record.
2. Add the Screen Recording feature to your phone's Control Center by tapping Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls, then hit the plus icon right next to Screen Recording.
3. Go to the Control Center and hit the Record button.
4. The tool will begin recording the video you play. When you're done recording, tap the button again to stop the program. Your recorded YouTube video will automatically be saved to your Photos folder.
There you have it. All the ways you can record high-quality YouTube videos on various devices so you always have options no matter where you are.
If you want to carry out advanced edits on your recorded or saved videos, we recommend giving Keevi a spin. Our trusty video editing software provides basic and comprehensive tools for both novices and professionals so don't hesitate to check it out.