What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
- hello text text
- hello two
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.
Lately, the social media landscape has shifted from gaining followers to placing a stronger focus on creating highly engaging quality content.
While growing your follower count still matters, but what good is having thousands of followers if you can't get them to engage with your posts?
Only popular accounts and celebrities can get away with sharing photos on Instagram without a caption and still bring in a ton of comments and likes. The rest of us have to earn the engagement we seek. This is where appealing, well-crafted captions enter the stage.
Captions allow you to take your visual posts from just another image or video to meaningful, relatable, actionable content. However, even the best influencers and social media managers often struggle to come up with fresh, captivating captions to go with their posts.
This challenge has led to the invention of caption generators, which do the work of creating strong captions for you. Leaving you to focus on the more challenging aspects of content creation and social media marketing.
In this post, we'll explain everything you need to know about caption generators from the best tools on the market to clever techniques you can use to create compelling social media captions that drive engagement and deliver results.
Top 9 caption generators for Instagram posts
Here are some of the finest caption generator apps and online tools you can add to your social media strategy to increase the number of followers, likes, comments, and shares that come your way:
This app works for both Android and iOS users. CaptionPlus offers a vast collection of original captions and trendy hashtags that you can use to boost the reach of your posts. With over 35 caption categories, this tool has something for everyone and can create captions to cover a wide range of topics.
You also get to enjoy other features like Grid Maker, Creative Fonts, and Space Adder without paying a cent.
How to use:
- Download CaptionPlus, launch the app and choose your preferred language.
- Select a category and browse through it for captions or tap Suggestion and upload an image.
- Go through the results until you find a caption that works for you, then copy it.
Having earned over 1 million downloads on Play Store, Best Caption and Status is one of the most popular Instagram caption generators out there. Whether you’re looking for funny captions, cool captions, song lyric captions, or deep philosophical quotes to use in your posts, you’re sure to find something you like on the app.
The app’s UI/UX is smooth and easy to use, so you can easily search for the captions you want. However, it’s only compatible with Android, so iOS users will have to try their luck elsewhere.
How to use:
- Download the app.
- Select any caption category of your choice and browse through it.
- When you find a caption that resonates with you, copy it and use it on your post.
With over 15,000 captions and dozens of categories, TagWag can create engaging captions to complement every kind of photo. Its team of writers is constantly coming up with more captions that’ll get your content the exposure it deserves.
The easy search feature allows you to quickly scan TagWag’s database to find the perfect captions and quotes for Instagram and other social media channels on the go. You can filter your search results by Categories, Latest, or Popular.
How to use:
- Download TagWag.
- Select Captions to view the various categories and search for a fitting caption.
- Or you can select the Auto option, upload a photo and wait for the app to work its magic.
- Scroll to the results and copy the caption you want to use.
4. Caption Pro
This photo caption generator is a downloadable application that's compatible with both Android and iOS systems. It features over 15,000 captions spread across more than 70 categories to help you get the most out of your Instagram and Facebook content.
Caption Pro makes it easy to search, download, and share unique captions along with your social posts. It also provides hashtags and emojis along with each caption to make sure you’re engaging your audience and spreading your reach as far as possible.
How to use:
- Install the app.
- Browse through the categories to find a suitable caption for your posts.
- Copy the selected caption and paste it wherever you like.
The Preview app offers over 3,000 Instagram captions, quotes, puns, questions, and calls-to-action to help you increase engagement.
It also provides caption templates for online shops, businesses, bloggers, and personal Insta accounts.
The app is intuitive so it's easy to find, copy, and share captions for your photos or videos directly to Instagram. Other additional features Preview offers include content planner, hashtag finder, presets, and analytics.
You can enjoy the app for free or upgrade to a paid plan at (approximately) $6 - $12 per month to unlock more features.
How to use:
- Download the Preview App on your mobile device or computer.
- Press the + button to upload your Photo/Video.
- Select the post and click the caption button, then tap Find Caption to open the Insta caption creator
- Scroll through the suggestions and select the caption you want to copy.
- Tap Find Hashtags to add tags then press Share to automatically open your Instagram app, then hit Paste to enter the caption.
6. Caption AI
Caption AI uses artificial intelligence to generate the perfect captions for your images that will get your followers talking. It has over 15,000 unique captions in its database spread across 50+ categories so it'll be a long time before you run out of suitable captions to use.
Also, it helps you come up with cool hashtags that will help your Instagram posts go viral. Caption AI has a seamless UI which makes navigation a breeze and the app is free to download.
How to use:
- Download the app.
- Enter your birth date and gender to log in.
- Upload the post you want to caption.
- Scroll through the suggestions, select the one you like, and copy it.
- Tap the share button to post directly to your Instagram feed.
7. Issa Caption
Issa Caption uses inference engines and machine learning to craft eye-catching captions for your photos.
The app is compatible with iOS. All you have to do is download it, sign up, and upload a photo. Then it'll suggest a caption that suits the picture. If you don't like the suggested caption, you can generate a new one by tapping a button.
Once you find and select a caption you love, it'll be automatically copied to your clipboard, and you can share it on any social network of your choice.
How to use:
- Download the app on your device.
- Upload the photo you want to post.
- Copy the suggested caption or keep generating new ones until you find a caption you like.
One of the best caption generators you can use to spice up your Instagram posts and build a strong brand is QuinSta.
Quinsta provides you with a large range of captions and hashtags to choose from so you never have to share your photo or video with a boring, lifeless caption.
Also, you can use QuinSta for editing your photos, beautifying your stories, creating personalized bios, and adding grids or stylish fonts to your posts. You can copy, edit, save, export, and share work on the app.
How to use:
- Install the app.
- Open it and select the Captions option.
- Choose any category and scroll through it to find a fitting caption.
- Select a caption and copy it for use.
Using AI, SyntaxIQ generates perfect captions for your Instagram posts in just a few seconds. You just have to upload an image and captions will start popping up.
SyntaxIQ's algorithm ensures that you never get the same caption twice. Captions come with emojis and hashtags to make them highly engaging.
You can even add calls-to-action to your captions and tailor them to fit your buyer persona. SyntaxIQ offers a free trial period after which you have to pay as you go.
The trick to writing Instagram captions that drive engagement
1. Make your first sentence intriguing
Use your first sentence to pull your audience in. Instagram shortens captions after a few lines of text in a user's feed. Therefore, it goes without saying that you need to hook people right from the beginning so they feel inclined to click "More" to read the rest of your caption.
2. Match the tone and voice of your brand
Stay true to your brand. Your followers can tell when your posts don't align with the personality and aesthetic that they've come to know and love. Figure what your brand's tone and style are and always speak in a voice that reflects that and appeals to your audience.
3. Be natural and relatable
Be authentic and real.
People want authenticity so don't be afraid to open up and put yourself out there. Share your feelings. Let your personality shine through. You want your audience to feel like they know you personally. Write as if you're speaking to a friend who's right in front of you.
4. Tell a story to capture readers’ emotions
People love a good story, so weaving stories into your captions will make your posts more captivating. What pushed you to create this video or image? What happened while you were making it? Your story doesn't have to be elaborate to be effective.
5. Offer value
Adding information that your audience will find relevant and useful is always a great way to boost the value of your IG posts. Share something that will help the user. The better the value you provide, the more they'll bookmark, share, like, and comment on your posts.
6. Have fun with emojis and hashtags
Varying statistics show emoji-infused captions have more engagement on Instagram. Emojis add extra spice to your posts and make your captions more readable and animated. Sprinkle relevant emojis in your captions to make them fun.
The right hashtags will make your content easy to find and expand your reach so make sure to add a mix of branded, popular, and trending tags in your posts.
7. Insert a compelling CTA
Don't just wait for people to hand you engagement on a platter. Ask for it. Encourage them to drop their opinions, tag friends, leave a comment, share the post, or even click the link in your bio. Write a strong call-to-action that tells your audience what you want them to do next. Many people won't take action unless you ask them to.
Caption writing made easier for your Insta page
If you're the type to spend hours coming up with a suitable caption for your posts, there's no harm in borrowing ideas from others or tweaking popular captions for your own use.
Take a look at these Insta caption ideas for various purposes and let them inspire you:
For contests/ sales promotion
- We love our customers, so we’re giving back to you. Like this photo and tag 3 friends to stand a chance to win [insert prize].
- 30% of EVERYTHING from now till [date]. Use code [code]. Happy shopping!
- Ever wanted to try our [product/service]. Today's your lucky day. Enter our [contest details] and you could win [prize].
- On [day of the week] we wear [outfit style or brand name].
- Felt cute so here's some sunshine for your timeline.
- The only thing they can take from me is notes.
- Someone said "let there be beauty" and there I was.
- Good friends? Good food? Great conversations? Count me in.
- Good evening, [city]! We're going to be at [event] on [date]. Stop by our booth and say hello.
- Join us for [event] at [venue] on [time + date]. Click the link in our/my bio to register.
- We have an exciting product in the pipeline… check back on [date] to watch the unveiling.
- You asked and we listened. We're excited to share that [product/service/info] is coming to you this [launch month].
- Are you ready? Something exciting is headed your way. Watch this space.
- We've got 99 problems, but our amazing employees ain't one.
- We loved having [customer name] at our office today! Our doors are always open. Come say hi again anytime.
- To get into the Monday morning workflow, our team does [insert fun or unique activity]. How do you like to start your week?
- We're thinking of adding some new features or services to our repertoire. Tell us what you'd like to see.
- We had a quick chat with [employee], our [company role] and he/she talked to us about what he/she loves about their role. Click the link in our bio to watch.
- Want to learn how to create great content? Check out this quick tutorial!
- These 5 simple tips will help you manage your money better and easier. Watch this short video clip to learn more!
- The 10 skincare mistakes that are killing your glow. You don't want to miss this!
The internet is full of more amazing caption ideas like this. A simple Google search will unearth a treasure trove of captions to go with every kind of post.
DIY: How to change your caption fonts on Instagram without an app
Let's be honest, the default Instagram fonts are not very good looking. You might want to use more attractive fonts to draw your audience in and ensure they read your captions. What most people don't know is you need a third-party app to change your Instagram fonts. Instead, here's a simple hack you can use:
- Step 1: Go to Google and type "copy and paste fonts" into the search bar.
- Step 2: Click on any of the websites on the results pages.
- Step 3: Type in the Instagram caption you want to use then scroll through the list of fonts until you find one that you like.
- Step 4: Copy the desired font, then go to your Instagram page, select the image or video you want to post, then paste the copied text into the caption box, and share your post.
That's all it takes.
How to add line breaks on Instagram
If your captions look like long blocks of text from a research paper, it's not going to entice people to read it. Adding line breaks to your captions will help break your text and make it clearer, concise, and visually appealing. This way reading your captions won't feel like too much of a burden for your audience.
Follow these simple steps to add line breaks to your Insta captions:
- Go to your Instagram page and set up the post you want to share.
- Start typing in your caption in the caption box and hit your enter or return key twice whenever you want to create a line break.
- Or tap the enter key once and add a symbol like a hyphen or period on the next line, then tap enter again and continue typing the next paragraph.
- Repeat these steps until your post is ready to be shared.
- Make sure there is no space after the last word on each line before your line break or Instagram will disregard the breaks and lump your sentences together.
If this process seems a tad too confusing or stressful, you can use tools like Preview, Planoly, Caption Writer, Instagram Caption Maker, and Instagram Text Spacer to create line breaks in your text.
How long should your Instagram caption be?
There's no exact formula for determining which caption length will work best for a particular post and unlock the doors of engagement
It's a good idea to keep your captions short whenever possible because people are easily bored and don't want to spend a lot of time reading. They just want to quickly scroll through their feed. Short captions don't require a huge time commitment to be read and understood.
However, people will invest their time in longer captions as long as it provides value to them. For example, posts from @humansofny are always accompanied by long captions and they get a ton of engagement because people love the stories they're sharing.
So if you've got something interesting to say about your photo or video, don't be afraid to go long-form. Keep in mind that your Instagram captions cannot exceed 2,200 characters or contain more than 30 hashtags, so don't get too carried away.
A checklist for creating perfect Insta captions
Before sending your captions out into the world, make sure they meet the following criteria:
Why Instagram caption generation tools are beneficial
IG caption generators were specifically designed to take some of the stress out of the content creation process. The benefits of using these tools include:
- Better and diverse choice of captions — Using instagram caption creators gives you access to thousands of unique, compelling captions that clearly communicate a strong message to your followers and gets them to interact with you.
- Faster content creation — Gone are the days when you had to spend hours thinking about what captions to use for your posts. With these tools, you can come up with perfect captions within minutes and keep giving your audience the content they love.
- Unlimited caption anytime, anywhere — Instagram caption generators enable you to create and share engaging content at the drop of a hat to grow your network and brand faster.
Importance of adding captions to your Instagram and Facebook posts
Let's dig into some of those reasons why captions are essential to your social strategy:
1. Captions spark reader's interest in your offering
A picture might be worth a thousand words, but it can't always provide context for itself. Captions allow you to add new, contextual information that pulls the reader in and pushes them to take the desired action.
2. They create more engagement
Having a well-crafted caption that aligns with your post is a surefire way to get people to notice your content and engage with it. Through the use of CTAs, captions can also help you build a stronger connection with your audience, which will ultimately increase engagement.
3. Captions prevent readers from coming to the wrong conclusions
You know the point you're trying to pass across with your post, but someone else might not. It's your job to help them see your point rather than leaving them to assume whatever they like and come to a conclusion that misrepresents you or misinforms them. The best way to control the slippery slope of imagination is to add a caption.
4. Social media algorithms favor posts with captions
Captions can increase the visibility of your posts, making it easier for people outside your network to find them. And the more visibility you get, Instagram and others will assume your content is highly valuable. They'll promote your posts on your followers feed and beyond so more people can see and enjoy them.
5. They help with Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Although image recognition technology is getting better by the day, search engine algorithms still struggle to understand what a picture is about without some kind of caption to help them make sense of it. When search engines can understand your photo, they'll be able to properly index it and display it in relevant search queries. This means more exposure and traffic for you.
Types of captions
Here are some of the most effective types of Instagram captions that successful and influential accounts use to keep their audience engaged:
Conclusion: What makes a great social media caption?
Whether you're an individual or a company, the right captions can boost your social media success. But what exactly are the ingredients that make a good caption?
For starters, you need a strong copy that captures your personality, brand story, or goals and gets your followers to respond positively to your message. You want to entertain, inform, or educate your audience.
A great caption adds context to an image or video. It uses a fun mix of hashtags and emojis and is written in a way that appeals to your target audience and is easy for them to understand.
But these things won't happen by magic, you have to put in the work to get people to engage with your posts.
The above mentioned tools, hacks, and ideas will help you create excellent social media captions and level-up your Instagram game.